Kampung Meritam Mud Vocanoes Exploration with Wilson Chin - Limbang Borneo


I woke up early that morning, as I will be going to a place called the Meritam Village (Kampung Meritam), what is so special about this place? Where is this place located?

Kampung Meritam is located 35km from the Limbang town (in Sarawak, Borneo). What’s special about this place is a bizarre natural phenomenon that occurs here – volcanic mud pots or “mud volcanoes” (some called them mud springs) covering an area that stretches over 10 acres – some of these pots are as tall as 80cm high.




I roam around the place and tried to apply some mud to my hand. Surprisingly it is cold :O cause its volcanic mud, I assume it will be warm just like a hot spring.

A few big mud mounds around the place, and I can see mud and bubbles flowing out from the earth. Simply amazing phenomena 😁




My brother send me there with his car, there is a guardhouse at the entrance, then follow by a wooded pathway which lead us into the mud volcanoes. This place is a bit like a moon landscape with quite a few mud mounds bubbling away around the place.

You can dive in the mud pots, and don't worry about the mud cause you can clean yourself at the guardhouse, they prepared a few gallons of water for people to clean up after the mud spa.

The mud is very slippery, my foot is covered with mud, and when I wear my flipflop it just slips off, so I can only wake barefoot back to the guardhouse to clean myself up. I like this place, and it has a huge potential to become a nice tourist attraction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singai Mountain Climb Information by Borneo Explorer

The Bung Jagoi Heritage Centre Hike and the Bung Tesen Peak Viewpoint

Bung Bratak Heritage Centre and Waterfall Hike

Your Hiking Guide to Bukit Kasut at Niah National Park

Camping at Pugu Beach Lundu Kuching

Climbing Mountain Singai